Tuesday, December 1, 2009

PanoWamo



AutoPano Giga 2 Makes this type of panoramic (8000 pixels wide) a very easy task. Sure stitching in photoshop or other software can be very daunting, but this brings the most user-friendly interface, breezy upload, and cleanest results and fine tuning options all together. I love this program. In fact since such a program is so easy to use...I plan on utilizing it for a very large project. When I upgrade to a full frame camera (planning on the sony a-900 or 850) I am going to attempt about a 200+ frame stitch on something very large. I know a rooftop I can get to outside of detroit looking in on the city and major highways that could be a great choice. Sure a gigapixel stitch has been done before, but with a 25.6 MP camera we are talking a 5.1 Gigapixel image (500 times the resolution of something I could currently take). But this is far down the road, will take a lot of planning, and a lot of heartaches.

I tried to do a 40 image stitch of the pond behind my home and I missed a whole line of images. Such a mistake is not acceptable if I want clear results. I could go even more crazy, learn how to crop to a select amount of pixels in cs4, and then take a +1/-1 of every frame, and automate it to and hdr. 5 GP HDR? Pretty sure thats unheard of...And for good reason.

Anyway, if you love creating pano's, and want a faster-cheaper-more user friendly-better alternative to any of the CS's, or other crap software like Smokey City Design's panorama factory...I highly suggest Autopano Giga 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment