Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Thanks to other bloggers I am inspired

After a few looks at some new techniques from other blogs I decided to take some fresh takes on some of my first photos.

Lets see if I had any dynamic changes

This is utilizing a cross-processing technique, (forming a standard s curve on the RGB, and then standard s-curves on the red and green channels, and then an inverse s-curve on the blue.) The result is a heavy contrast image, without just boosting the whites and blacks. The Top is after the cross processing, the bottom is my old take on the image. I can't say which one I like more, but i can say that the top has a bit more flavor.
With this the middle is the Camera original. The top is the cross-processed. The bottom is the original with contrast boosted through normal adjustedments and desaturated to only black and white. The Black and white image to this day is one of my favorite shots that I have taken, but I am quickly learning they immense amount of paths a photo can take once it is put onto the computer...

I've already got a headache, perhaps I should try film.


P.S. I would like to thank Created for Inspiration for doing just what the title of the blog suggests!

It was there I found this great cross-processing tutorial, along with a lot of other great information on this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment