Thursday, November 26, 2009

Back in the HDR business...

So one of the first things I got into was HDR photography. It was a very frustrating process because at first I did not have a cable release, nor do I have a steady hand. Anyways, even upon getting a CR I didn't get back into it too much because its kind of a snooze when it comes to editing in CS2. Its not any better with CS4...but it IS better, with Photomatix 3.2. This is what this program does...HDR...tone mapping...that is it. Man o man does this make it a world simpler, and cleaner images. Not to mention all the controls actually make sense (WTF is local adaptation and gamma anyways Adobe? Oh well, needless to say my photo game has just become High-dynamic.




Heres a lil tidbit till I get some new shots.



2 comments:

  1. I love that second image. When I first got my tripod and remote, I was all set to do HDR, but my results weren't much different from a single shot. I ought to try again and on something architectural.

    Cathy - www.createdforinspiration.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely, architecture works amazing for HDR images. Also, I'm not sure what software you generally use...I have used CS2,3, and 4 for HDR, and none of them compare to the ease of use of Photomatix 3.2 Whereas in CS4 you have to manually adjust a bunch of different figures to get the strength to increase, Photomatix allows you to just adjust the strength. It is much more user friendly, and allows for more adjustments.

    ReplyDelete