Thursday, December 3, 2009

The Big Bright Light Show





There really isn't a show here...But it is bright...and big...and contains light. So Rochester is about 75% effective with titling their events. Anyway I had some fun running over there, but of course the night i go out is the first snow of the season, so the conditions were a little difficult (especially since I still baby my camera). Perhaps when I upgrade I will have to keep my a300 for scenarios that would be considered less than ideal for photography. It was a good experience though trying to get long a exposure...but dodging snow hitting my camera...but keeping it still...but fearing the exposure to be ruined by a single snowflake. Some gold came out of it. I feel I need to venture down there on a weekend evening, early, with some filters...to get some more colour in the sky and traffic in the streets. And find a higher vantage point.

P.s. I am completely aware that the first of the photos is terrible considering the settings but I think the bokeh in the snowflakes...plus the noise in the dim lights...and the fact that i paired flash with a long exposure...all makes it a memorable image.

No comments:

Post a Comment